The international competition ”the ITA Tunnelling Awards” seeks and rewards the most ground-breaking innovation and outstanding projects in tunnelling and underground space utilization.
The 8th edition of the international tunnelling and underground space awards welcomes new applications, ITA is now calling new candidate to apply.
After the sucess of the last edition, the ITA Awards 2022 will be this year again in digital event. For this edition, a small change is proposed in the categories with the return of a the category ”Product/Equipment innovation of the year”.
CANDIDACY PROCESS This year the entries can be submitted in 8 categories:
- Major Project of the Year – over €500 million
- Project of the Year – between €50 million & €500 million
- Project of the Year incl. Renovation – up to €50 million
- Technical Innovation of the Year
- Beyond Engineering – making underground works projects even better
- Product/Equipment innovation of the year
- Innovative underground space use
- Young Tunneller of the Year
Entries can be submitted until July 8, 2022. The submission requirements and selection process are stated in the ITA Tunnelling Awards website: https://awards.ita-aites.org/account-creation
Nominations for the different categories must be related to projects for which the major civil engineering work was completed between 1st March 2019 and 1st April 2022. The Young Tunneller of the Year rewards an individual born after 1st January 1986 and who has brought an outstanding contribution to tunnelling.
Find more on the dedicated website: https://awards.ita-aites.org